Hotcakes for Hunger 2017
Every day, hundreds of hard-working families struggle to put food on the table throughout Macomb County. Working together, we have an opportunity to help feed the hungry in our community.
On Saturday, May 13, the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) will conduct their 25th annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive. On this day, residents are encouraged to stuff a bag full of non perishable food and leave it out on their porch. That’s when our friends at the United States Postal Service and a league of volunteers step into action collecting food.
In Macomb County, all food left out on porches in the bags provided by the NALC is given to the Macomb Food Program. From there, it is distributed to more than 50 pantries throughout the county.
This year, I am proud to get involved and invite you to join me and others at Hotcakes for Hunger, our pre-event rally on Sunday, May 7 from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Freedom Hill County Park.
Hotcakes for Hunger will feature:
- Pancake breakfast – with celebrity flippers – for $5. All proceeds from the breakfast will go directly to the Macomb Food Program.*
- Classic car show and parade.
- Bounce houses for children.
- Emergency vehicles on display from area first responders, including the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, Sterling Heights Fire Department and others.
- Music performed by local jazz and marching bands.
- And other fun surprises.
Please plan to attend in support of the Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive.
*Thanks to our sponsors, all proceeds from Hotcakes for Hunger go directly to the Macomb Food Program. Cash donations are used to purchase supplemental fresh foods for pantry distribution days.
Hot Cakes for Hunger Sponsors